Each month we focus on using an oil every day to help us in accomplishing our goals. Join us in choosing a method of application and simply getting this oil on and around you every day in September! My goal is to use up an entire bottle for my personal use!
Tangerine essential oil has a sweet citrus scent that can create a happy, contented mindset when diffused. This versatile oil is wonderful for the emotions, helps purify the air of odors, promotes healthy hair and skin, and smells wonderful in so many diffuser blends! Taken internally, it offers a fresh, sweet, citrus flavor and can provide digestive, lymphatic, and immune support. This is an oil we definitely want in our homes and in our bodies!
TANGERINE AT A GLANCE
- Contains the constituents limonene, gamma-terpinene, and myrcene
- Found in Dream Catcher™, Joy™, and Inner Child™ essential oil blends as well as Relaxation™ Massage Oil
- Cold pressed from the rind of the fruit, making the oil alkaline (not acidic)
- Pairs well with most oils and blends
- Combining Tangerine with White Angelica or Feelings Kit oils can improve your emotional outcome.
TANGERINE + OXIDATIVE STRESS Our bodies cells produce free radicals during normal metabolic processes. However, cells also produce antioxidants that neutralize these free radicals. In general, the body is able to maintain a balance between antioxidants and free radicals. Sometimes, and especially in our ever-modernizing world, the balance tips toward excess free radical production. Several things contribute to this but include inflammatory foods, emotional and mental stress, health conditions, infection, radiation and environmental toxins. A large body of scientific evidence suggests that long-term oxidative stress contributes to the development of a range of chronic conditions.
Enter Tangerine essential oil (and other citrus oil!). Tangerine essential oil contains Limonene, a potent free radical scavenger. This is huge! We have a wonderful tool in our hands for supporting our bodies and upping the antioxidant potential.
TANGERINE + EMOTIONS We just mentioned that Tangerine essential oil contains Limonene, a potent free radical scavenger. This is important for our emotional health because less oxidative stress (less free radicals = less ‘negative’ emotions. Limonene also helps boost the mood and calm the Central Nervous System, making Tangerine a wonderful oil for soothing the emotions!
Tangerine can help promote feelings of calm and happiness, supporting learning and memory and calming nervousness.
DAILY HABITS WITH TANGERINE:
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to your soles for happy feet and circulation.
- Add to your car vent diffuser or a cotton ball stashed under the seats for an uplifting scent while you commute.
- Give a glass of lemonade a twist by adding 1-2 drops of Tangerine Vitality.
- Add 1-2 drops of Tangerine Vitality to your daily NingXia Red!
- Add a few drops each of Tangerine and Tea Tree to your daily shampoo and massage into your scalp for a sweet, tingly sensation.
- Use its cleansing benefits in your morning skin care routine for an added boost.
- Apply it to your temples before study time or meditation to promote feelings of calm and focus
Note: Avoid applying to skin that will be directly exposed to sunlight or UV light to prevent risk of photosensitivity.
DIFFUSE: Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the wonderful scent of Tangerine with us this month!
- Morning sunshine: Tangerine + Lemon + Grapefruit + Bergamot
- Joyful Hearts: Joy + Tangerine + Bergamot
- Fall Spice: Cinnamon Bark (or Thieves) + Tangerine + Vanilla
- Campfire Calm: Frankincense + Vetiver + Tangerine
- Sweet Sweet Sleep: Lavender + Tangerine + Cedarwood
Join us in using Tangerine essential oil blend daily to create great daily habits that support our overall health - physical, mental and emotional!
Each month we focus on using an oil every day to help us in accomplishing our goals. Join us in choosing a method of application and simply getting this oil on and around you every day in August! My goal is to use up an entire bottle for my personal use!
Sometimes life can be big and scary for children, but they have the power to face all of life’s big and little challenges! Sometimes they just need help discovering that power inside themselves. KidPower is a unique, everyday blend formulated to help inspire feelings of confidence, courage, and positivity at home, at school, or on the playground…. But it’s not just for kids!! This blend is also amazing for adults and makes a wonderful perfume!
KIDPOWER AT A GLANCE
- Aroma inspires feelings of confidence and courage
- Scent helps ease occasional feelings of doubt, fear, and worry
- Aroma creates a comforting environment for times of daily stress, occasional anxiousness, or nervousness
- Blended aroma helps support feelings of emotional balance, well-being, and positivity
- Prediluted for delicate skin
- Recommended for children ages 2 and up
BACKGROUND Raising confident, courageous children can be a challenge, especially with all that they experience in today’s world, and we are so grateful to have natural tools in our parenting toolkit like the KidPower blend. This blend was created specifically to help arm parents with a unique mix of essential oils designed to promote feelings of courage and confidence. This exclusive blend of some of Young Living’s favorite and inspiring essential oils offers a sweet, empowering aroma that will be loved by both children and parents! Diffuse it daily and as needed for an aroma boost to support feelings of positivity and confidence.
- Black Spruce: Earthy and grounding to help balance the senses
- Blue Tansy: Has a floral aroma that is uplifting to the senses and calming to the Central Nervous System
- Frankincense: Popular for meditation and promotes a comforting, grounded environment
- Geranium: Promotes peaceful, uplifted feelings
- Ho Wood: Provides a floral, relaxing aroma
- Orange: Has a sweet and energizing aroma, helps to stimulate creativity
- Vanilla: Provides a warm, sweet and comforting scent
DAILY HABITS WITH KIDPOWER:
- Apply 2–4 drops directly to wrists, chest, neck or any other area. Dilution is not required, except for the most sensitive of skin, so you can add a roller fitment directly to the bottle or opt for the roll-on version!
- Create an application ritual, and get your kids involved! Grab your KidPower or KidPower Roll-on and place it beside their toothbrush, backpack, or homeschool bin - anywhere they will be able to find and easily use it daily. We love rolling on our oil and repeating a family motto, a bible verse or positive affirmation together!
- Make a roller with KidPower, Vetiver and Lavender for helping calm over excitement and promote calm, confident focus.
- Make a simple linen spray with equal parts KidPower and Lavender, a splash of witch hazel and filtered water. Spray on sheets, lovies, pajamas, or any other soft surface as desired.
DIFFUSE: Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the soothing scent of KidPower with us this month!
- Tucked In: KidPower + Lavender
- Fierce & Focused: Peppermint + KidPower
- Calm & Confident: Cedarwood + Vetiver + KidPower
Join us in using KidPower essential oil blend daily to create great daily habits that support our overall health - physical, mental and emotional!