DIY: NingXia Red Gummies
- 1/2 cup 100% apple juice (grape or orange would work as well)
- 2&1/2 envelopes gelatin (1&½ oz)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup NingXia Red
- 6 drops Orange Vitality oil (Lemon or Lime would be good too)
- Silicone molds
- Optional: a few droppersful of Citrus CBD
Add juice to a small saucepan. Add gelatin, and whisk. Heat on low to medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until no longer grainy and is a thin viscosity (it will start opaque and turn clear).
Remove from heat, and whisk in honey. Whisk until mixture cools a bit; then add NingXia Red and Orange oil. (Waiting until it cools helps protect the essential oil's beneficial properties.)
Use a clean medicine dosing syringe or other small dropper to fill molds. If you have extra mixture, you can put it in a glass pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Here's an easy, rainy day craft to do this summer or anytime your kids need a fun activity! Make your own soap and get a prize at bath time!
Recipe by Katie Weber
YOU WILL NEED:
- Molds to make the soap in (plastic cups work too!)
- Cooking spray or coconut oil
- Pure solid glycerin soap (found in cubes at craft stores)
- Essential oils (It's fun to let kids choose their favorites!)
- Natural food coloring or soap dye (craft store)
- Small plastic toys
- Coat the inside of your molds/cups with oil or cooking spray.
- This step is for adults b/c it involves hot liquid. Melt soap by placing cubes of soap in a measuring cup and microwave for 30 secs - continue in 15 second intervals until the soap is melted.
- Add in a few drops of food coloring/soap dye to reach your desired color. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 6-8 drops of your essential oil. For bath time we love Lavender, SleepyIze, Stress Away and Peace & Calming.
- Carefully fill mold about 1/3 of the way full with the hot soap. Let cool for 20 minutes, and then place the small plastic toy on top of the mostly hardened soap.
- Repeat steps 2–4 to melt and color the remaining soap. Pour another layer of soap into the mold to cover the plastic toy.
- Let cool for 2+ hours. Once completely cooled, turn the mold upside down and pop the soap out.