As the gatekeepers of our homes we have such a great opportunity to bring in healthy products and create healthy habits for ourselves and families! Join us as we detox our bathroom shelves and switch out conventional kids’ toothpaste for Young Living KidScents Toothpaste!
Brushing teeth can sometimes be a struggle with kids, but using the citrusy KidScents Toothpaste from Young Living makes it so much more enjoyable!! Not only will your kids love the taste, this advanced formula cleans teeth without any of the harsh additives found in most commercial toothpastes. Fluoride and GMO free, this plant-based toothpaste supports healthy-looking gums and teeth and is infused with the highest quality essential oils you can find!
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Cleans teeth gently with a naturally derived formula created for children
- Formulated with gentle, odor-absorbing baking soda for fresher breath
- Fights plaque with brushing
- Removes surface stains gently
- Provides a long lasting, clean, and fresh feel
- Formulated without fluoride; SLS; synthetic dyes; peroxide; artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; or gluten-containing ingredients
Sadly, conventional kids’ toothpaste formulas are filled with synthetic additives, artificial flavoring and coloring agents that are not just unnecessary, they are harmful when ingested in small quantities over time. The membrane lining of the mouth has an absorption efficiency of more than 90% which means when we brush our teeth, we are brushing our gums, too, and even if toothpaste isn’t swallowed, it is still entering the bloodstream via the mucosal lining. Here are a few top offenders…
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): SLS promotes the foaming action of conventional toothpastes, but does nothing as far as efficacy. It has been linked to the development of canker sores and can change the way the taste buds work. (This is why everything tastes bad after you brush your teeth!)
- Triclosan: This chemical is common in toothpaste and has been linked to antibiotic resistance and endocrine disruption. Disruption in the endocrine system can create serious effects, especially over time.
- Artificial Dyes and Colors: To make the blue or red stripe that is perfectly placed in the middle of the toothpaste, manufacturers add food coloring, often a petroleum based product. Red 40, Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 are the worst according to a report from the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Some of these food dyes come with side effects like hyperactivity and hypersensitivity reactions.
- Propylene Glycol: Propylene glycol is used as the surfactant in conventional toothpaste to promote foaming. It is found extensively in the paints, enamels, and antifreeze, and pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol is common in personal care products. Unfortunately it can cause skin, lung and eye irritation.
- Titanium Dioxide: White titanium dioxide is added to make toothpaste, and it is entirely unnecessary. It is also found in supplements, added to foods and to make paint white. Titanium dioxide is currently under review as far as its safety.
KEY INGREDIENTS IN KIDSCENTS TOOTHPASTE When it comes to all of Young Living’s products, you’ll only find the best, purest ingredients that you can be sure are safe and effective. And the KidScents toothpaste is no exception! It has a short list of ingredients, including plant-based surfactants, stevia and essential oils!
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Spearmint essential oil
TO USE: Use daily to help young smiles stay vibrant. Put a small amount of toothpaste on a brush, help the child brush teeth, and rinse thoroughly after each meal or as directed by a dentist or doctor. Supervise children until good brushing and rinsing habits are established.
*Intended for children 2 years and older. For children under 2 years of age, consult a dentist or doctor before use.
Join us as we switch out conventional kids’ toothpaste for Young Living KidScents Toothpaste this month!